Autism DE: Autism 101/Understanding the Autism Spectrum for Professionals – February 1
Autism 101: Understanding the Autism Spectrum for Professionals
February 1, 2019, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
924 Old Harmony Rd, Unit 201
Newark, DE 19713
Also available via Zoom.
This workshop is designed for those wishing to develop a basic understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This workshop explores four core areas affected by ASD: communication, social interaction, sensory issues, and behavior. Basic strategies for interacting with and supporting individuals with ASD will be discussed.
• To build understanding of ASD
• To explore some of the reasons an individual with ASD may react differently
• To develop a broader understanding of why and how information may need to be presented in a more structured way
• To review some basic strategies that can be implemented
• To understand resources available in the community
Contact Heidi Mizell for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 224-6020
Registration Required: https://autism-101-february.eventbrite.com