The agencies and organizations listed in this section can provide resources that help you learn about services for people with disabilities in Delaware and advocate for yourself and your family members. They can help you connect with other families of children with special healthcare needs, find out about workshops and conferences, and get to know the services within the community. You can also learn to advocate for the changes you feel are needed in services provided to children with special healthcare needs.
- Center for Disabilities Studies at the University of Delaware (CDS)
- Delaware Insurance Commissioner’s Office
- Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC)
- Family Advisory Council at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Governor’s Advisory Council for Exceptional Citizens (GACEC)
- Independent Resources, Inc.
- Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC)
- National Youth Leadership Network
- State Council for Persons with Disabilities (SPCD)